Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sail Away, Sail Away

Since I was born I have been going to what used to be my grandparent's condo at Moonlight Bay. My parents purchased it once my Mae Mae and Grandaddy passed on. I absolutely LOVE that place and the quiet(sometimes) and beautiful little cove that it sits in overlooking Lake Hamilton. It is most definitely my home away from home. I have just as many memories there with my family and special friends than any and I have celebrated MANY birthdays there including my special 21st! :) There is ALWAYS a party and always a visitor on the patio or boardwalk. My boys LOVE to fish and ride on the boat there! I have always wanted to have one of my boys birthday parties there either Memorial Day or Labor Day weekends because their birthdays fall so close. SO this was the year and I went for it with a small family party! We had lunch and then celebrated and ended with a nice long barge ride with our family!

We had it on the patio overlooking the lake and it was so much fun! I just thought the sailboat theme was sooo fitting for our little party on the "YAKE" as my newphew calls it. Here is a little recap of the party and I was very proud of myself for not overdoing it! :) I work so hard on other's parties and when it comes to my own I just have to calm myself and not over do it! There are so many fun ideas out there for parties and it's hard to stop. The good thing is that I can do most of it myself and hand make it all! Would love to help you with your next party!

Ships Ahoy Matey!
 
The Charlie Party Invite
The Table
Our little melon Sailboat
 
Thanks for Sailing By Party Favors
 
Sail toppers
Charlie's catch of the day- goldfish

yummy burgers

Sail toppers with rope
Silverware

Hand made newspaper hats

catch of the day party favors

Take a dip- yummy dip my mom made

 
 

sail away sailboat

sailboat welcome sign that said welcome to the Charlie party

 I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a ton of cups for his party! FIX: add cute stickers to party cups from wally world! Add sails to cute straws and BAM - cuteness!

Sips Ahoy

 

No comments: